well…hello fam bam
I really do love reflecting on what the past year has brought (good, bad, and ugly) and I am all for finding areas that could use some improvement.
So while I am NOT calling these resolutions, I did want to share what I’ve been
focusing on so far this year.
- I’ve been trying to pray myself to sleep rather than waiting until my phone slips out of my hands and smacks me on the forehead.
- Praying myself awake rather than grabbing for my phone first thing (are you sensing a pattern yet?).
- Spending the beginning of my morning in the word (and not the kind on Twitter). I was given the New Morning Mercies devotional by my sweet Tay last year on my birthday and I am LOVING it so far! I then take these concepts to my prayer journal so I can ruminate further and make sure it sticks if you know what I mean.
- Spending more time and money on experiences and less on things. (The opposite of wearing less and going out more? Felt like this needed a Drake reference).
- Using my phone as a tool instead of like a lifeline. I spend far too much time on it accomplishing absolutely nothing (as do a lot of people I spend time with).
- Treating others with the same grace God treats me. I am one with zero patience and a sass mouth, but I want to exercise a kinder heart and a happier attitude. “Start each day with a grateful heart” if you will, but carry that gratitude all day long.
- Do the thing I love on this beautiful nightmare we call the internet! I am my own worst enemy when it comes to generating useful content in that I ditch it if it’s not perfect. I want to do a better job of doing rather than perfecting!
What have you been up to so far this year? Also…thanks for reading this. You are my people 🙂